Saturday, August 13, 2011

Party Ideas for a dinosaur party for girls

Well it's been a little hectic at my household with a very busy lead up and wind down to my 2 year old's dinosaur party!  I have to say firstly I was inspired by the pom poms at kindy that the teachers had made and I had seen them in some window displays too; and so I whizzed up a few of these for the party.  The kids love making them too and taking them home from the party.

If you haven't seen them they look a little something like this....

This is a beautiful decoration for a special party or occassion this image from Neat Things Boutique
Instructions on how to make these simple and effective decorations go to...marthastewart.com how to make tissue paper pom-poms

... even my store bought dragon/dinosaur pinjata got a pretty pom pom to wear for the party!

I wanted flowers for the party, but to give them the dinosaur treatment I put toy dinosaurs in the vase.

Flowers with the Dino touch! from my favourite florist at the Brisbane Markets - Lynch Market Flowers

The dinosaur cake by Charmaine C (Me!)

and dinosaur cupcakes by Charmaine

So now our household's recovered from the celebrations (it was my wedding anniversary too!) it's back to business. I'll be getting the Christmas turkey loaf recipe to you in the next week for sure but for now it's time for some zzzz'ss Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment