Friday, May 6, 2011

Time for a cosy Holiday or Sunny Getaway!

Well the wedding is over, and it's time for the honeymoon or at least a holiday!  London would be great! But unfortunately not in the budget any time soon!
This is a wonderful pic taken by a friend in London.  Aren't the Union Jack flags striking against the tall trees lining the mall up to Buckingham Palace
So maybe somewhere closer to home would be better - so it got me thinking if I can't getaway then I'll take a look at some cosy winter destinations or some sunny havens so at least I can feel in holiday mode and take a diversion from organising my spare room cupboards, and the daily grind!

Wow what a breathtaking spot to while away the hours with a good book or your favourite decorating magazine!  This is a Manutti "San Diego" setting available from Cosh Living in Australia.

This Hotel is nestled in the Carribean Jungle, with white sand beaches and lagoons.  While I haven't been to the Carribean it's on my bucket list and it just looks magnificent!

An amazing view and a luxurious setting to take it all in! They have used such a wonderfully subtle colour pallette so it only enhances that view.  This the Viceroy Resort if your making a booking for you and me! 
Now for something a little closer to home, on Australian shores - a cosy retreat in the Barossa, nothing could be better - fireplace, gorgeous bedroom to retire to at night and in the heart of wine country!

"Hideaway loungeroom" at Stonewell Cottages and Vineyard I love the stone fireplace and could imagine sipping a lovely wine by the pot belly stove.  Such a lovely warm room with the brown and red tones in the rug, cushions and lounge.

"Cupids Bedroom" at Stonewell Cottages and Vineyard a bedroom suitable for a delayed Royal Honeymoon perhaps!  I love the pale cornflower blue curtains and bed valance that lift the room and add elegance.
Have a great weekend everyone!  I'll keep dreaming.......

No comments:

Post a Comment