Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Home Show - Brisbane

I visited the Brisbane Home Show today as we're tossing some ideas around about rehashing the backyard and making some changes to our paved outdoor entertaining area.  I'm still mulling over my ideas on that project after today.

There were a couple of standout exhibitors though and two in particular I thought I'd share with you.


Firstly the gorgeous homes of Storybook Cottages for more go to http://www.storybook.com.au/

© Copyright - Storybook Cottages (Aust.) P/L
© Copyright - Storybook Cottages (Aust.) P/L
and then Lethbridge Gallery had some great Artwork on display and more on their website http://www.lethbridgegallery.com/index.php and in the gallery at Paddington.


My favourite piece at the homeshow....
Sow the Wind
by Brett Lethbridge
Limited Edition Print

I also got some time to go fabric shopping on the way!  I am working on a project for my kids and I'm going to attempt some bean bags a little out of the ordinary.  I am a dangerous woman in a fabric store, I just can't get enough!  I have to admit it's the same for me at Bunnings.  But with the kids in toe I was only able to gather up 5 rolls and with no hands free, it was time to go to the counter.  I'll give you a sneak peak of the fabrics I've purchased.

For the girls...

Great cord fabric in fuchsia spot, pale pink & matching turquoise fuchsia floral print
Vintage cherry red cord from my Nana's collection and gorgeous babushka doll cotton print from The Quilters store.


For my little man....
Red & Navy cord with white star print - I'm going to use this fabric to recover a vintage velvet cushion of my grandfathers which is nearly 1m square.

 I'm hoping to get the first of these finished off tomorrow, but this may be a little ambitious as I haven't started drafting and modifying the pattern I've got! Will keep you posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment